Without further ado, here is my latest order:
PS: How gorgeous are those colors?!
Suds
Firstly I'll have to review Melissa's Love Potion No. 9 soap. The fragrance is sweet and fruity, but it also has a musky perfume note to it as well. It's reminiscent of Love Spell and Sexy in Stilettos, so if you like those fragrance than you'll love this. I have not yet used the soap, but I can tell you that just from picking it up and handling it for this review, it's super creamy and soft. It feels like it's going to be incredibly moisturizing, which is good because my skin is like the Sahara right now. *****
Scent Shots
Sophie Belle reminds me of my great-grandmother's kitchen. Holy memories, Batman! This really brings me back to my childhood. I hadn't thought about my great-grandmother (who passed away when I was 13), or her kitchen in a very long time. Memories aside, it's a very pretty yet mature floral. It's Bella Swan grown up. Obviously there's an old lady-ish smell to it since it reminds me of a 95-year-old woman's kitchen, but it's not one of those overwhelming, headache-inducing florals that old women like to bathe themselves in. This is very nice, and I hope it stays this way when warmed. ****
Elvis is one that I've had before but had sort of forgotten what it smelled like. Everyone has been raving about it lately, so I figured I would order it again to get a fresh sniff. I get a really even mix of peanut butter and Laffy Taffy banana. I eat peanut butter and bananas A LOT (my dad made them for all the time as a child), so I was hoping for a nostalgic connection with this scent that just isn't there. I like it, but I don't love it. I do vaguely remember that it smells better when warmed. ***
Tangerine Mimosa is so fun! It smells like a lighter Sunkist. I know it's hard to describe, but the Fizzy Pop in this smells lighter and more champagne-like than it normally does. I can smell the fresh carbonation in this, and the tangerine compliments this so well! I think this is going to be really refreshing on a warm day, and I definitely would like to get more of this scent. To those who have had Fizzy Pop scents in a candle--is the carbonation as prominent? Or should I stick to scent shots/Scoop Some Scent/Crumb Melts? ****
Frosted Lime Cupcakes is one that I may have to wait to pass true judgment on until it's been warmed. I get a fresh lime with a definite cake/icing fragrance, and the two mixed together don't agree with my nose for some reason on cold throw. I have really high hopes for this one because I've heard such great things, so it may be one that comes alive when warm. ***
Summer Nites was my free scent shot. This one is very sweet and has a cotton-candy like quality to it. I believe it's the sandalwood mixed with the fruit notes. There's a hint of a citrus fragrance, but it's very faint. This is definitely a complex fragrance... there's an element of musk to it as well, but the overall fragrance is still very light and girly. If you like Tiffany-D, you'll like this. ***
Honey Orange is a fantastic fresh orange fragrance. I have Fresh Squeezed Oranges from last year, but this one appeal to my nose a bit more. The honey note added a freshness to it that I can't get enough of, but there's also a sweet candy-like note to it as well. I really like this one, and can't wait to warm it on a hot day. ****
Million Dollar Baby is pineapple and cherry almond right now. It smells really good, and if you love fruity bakery fragrances than you'll love this one. I prefer Hawaiian Hula Muffin I think because it's not as heavy on the cherry almond note, but this one is still really good. Another perfect summer bakery scent. ***
Brooke's Delight smells like an orange peel. I keep sniffing it so that I can add more to this description, but it honestly smells just like an orange peel. If you like Victoria's orange fragrances, then you'll definitely love this one. I really enjoy this, although I don't think it's necessarily candle worthy. I'd definitely re-order it again as a scent shot though. ***
Fruit Salad is super sweet. It also reminds me of Tiffany-D, but all I get right now is probably the sweet creme base that Victoria reference in her scent description. I have heard nothing but wonderful things about this scent, so I know it'll be a winner when it's warmed. ***
Pearberry Fun smells EXACTLY like the fragrance it's inspired by at BBW. Oh man, it's so good. Super sweet pears and strawberries, plus a little bit of musk. It's so juicy and sweet...I love this one! ****
Strawberry Cookies is predominantly cherry almond right now. I get a hint of strawberry, but not much. Strawberry cupcakes are my Achilles Heel, so my inner fat girl would the happiest girl in the world if the strawberry comes out when warmed. ***
Plantation Breeze smells like a clean laundry detergent to me. It's very powdery and light. According to the scent description it's a mixture of Cotton Blossom and Honeysuckle, and I definitely get that. I have always been a fan of Cotton Blossom because I find it to be very universal and non-offensive. Who could hate the way laundry detergent smells? ***
Lime Crystal Kisses is awesome! It's a sweet, candy lime with a hint of lemon. The lemon is reminiscent of Lemonheads candy. It's a great sweet but tart fragrance, and it honestly reminds me of eating fruit candy during the hot summer as a kid while selling koolaid on the corner. ****
Cherry Fizzy Pop is a scent I got to mix with Georgia Peach. It smells like a carbonated Gusher... I wasn't sure I would like it because I've never been a huge fan of Victoria's cherry scents (they always give me a headache for whatever reason), but I don't this one will give me any problems. :) ****
Pink & Lime is a sort of similar to Lime Crystal Kisses, but it's a very soft and feminine fragrance. I get a lot of cotton candy, which is the dominant note in Pink Sugar (at least to my nose). I can't stop sniffing this one... I usually can't melt the sickly sweet fragrances for long because they don't agree with my nose for long, but the tart lime in it keeps me coming back for more. ****
Georgia Peach smells like a ripe peach with the fuzz still on it. It's super juicy and fresh, and I want to take a bite of this tart! Mmmm I can't wait for summer simply because peaches will be in season. :) *****
Cranberry Brulee really rich and savory, yet sweet. If you like any of Victoria's cobbler scents, then you'll definitely like this. I personally love her cobbler scents, and I probably should have just saved myself the trouble and bought a giant candle of this scent. Sniffing this is making my tummy grumble... total Pooh Bear moment. *****
Champagne Pomegranate is predominantly Fizzy Pop to me. I get a hint of a fruit here, but not too much. I'm hoping that the pomegranate comes out more when warmed. This Fizzy Pop isn't as light as it is in Tangerine Mimosa, but I still like it. ***
Candles
Stress Relief is one that I've been curious about for a while, but I was wary to try it because I had a feeling it would cause a headache. I got it in the 4oz candle because scent shots with mint in them are always too strong for me. I'm not too sure about this one... I get a medicinal note that causes an insta-headache, and it's the same note in Crackling Birch and Snowdrift Berries that my nose couldn't handle either. I'm really hopeful that it changes when lit because I want to love this one! **
Mango Macadamia Nut is a buttery mango. When I rub the top of the candle, I get the nutty note, and I just love the combination. This is going to be a fantastic summer bakery fragrance. If you love citrus and bakery fragrances, you must try this! ****
White Nectarine & Pink Coral is such a sweet, fruity, feminine fragrance. I get the shampoo note that a lot of people pick up on, but I like it. This is such a pretty fragrance! ****
Mermaid Kiss is the perfect bathroom scent in my opinion. I get sea salt and florals, and it reminds me a bathroom at a beach cottage. There's a hint of musk as well, but it only compliments the other notes. It's not overwhelming, nor is it offensive in any way. It's a great universal fragrance that I could see being used year-round. I think this is going to be one of those scents I can't be without. *****
Monster Mash is such a great bakery scent! Blueberries, apples, cinnamon, and buttery crust... it's sweet yet savory. I love this... I will probably need a bigger candle in this one day. *****
Blushing Peaches is one that I have reviewed before. It smells like strawberries, cream, and a sweet peach. It's super girly and soft, and it reminds me a lot of White Nectarine & Pink Coral. I'm a huge fan of this one. *****
Sophie Belle is one I reviewed above. I forgot that I ordered it in a scent shot when I ordered the sampler pack. Definitely a winner! ****
Lemon Pound Cake is super cute! I'm so glad I got a sweet treat candle, and I wanted one that would be good in the summer. It's a sweet sugary lemon that smells similar to a perfume that used to be sold at BBW. I'm a fan. :) However, I don't get a bakery note in this one, so if you're looking for a great lemon bakery scent, then this may not be the scent for you. I haven't tried Lemon Meringue Pie (I ordered it in my Feb 1 order but just realized it never made its way here), but I've heard it's the best lemon bakery scent Victoria carries. ****
Here are some pictures of the sweet treat candle, which is super cute:
As you can see, the Sweet Treat candle is slightly taller than the 8 oz candles, but the opening is much larger. The sweet treats are definitely in a hefty jar, and I have a feeling the throw on this is going to be really strong. I have a very open floor plan with vaulted ceilings, and I'm fairly certain this will fill the room with scent.
Overall, I'm really happy with this order. I'm definitely prepared for the spring and summer, and now my main goal will be to use up the wax I have while keeping myself from ordering more. I'm going to have to learn some self-control!






Great Review ! I took a couple of your favorites and incorporated them into my March 1st order! Thanks ! :)
ReplyDeleteThe lemon pound cake sweet treat is too cute!
ReplyDelete