Thursday, June 21, 2012

CBV Bath and Body Review

CBV Bath and Body is one of the best things ever created, and I am so excited to see what this company continues to create in the future. Victoria's daughter Melissa started the company late last year, and it was originally called CBV Soaps by Melissa. However, she decided that she wanted to expand the scope of her business, so around February of this year she created CBV Bath and Body, which will potentially have perfumes, lotions, bath products, etc in all of our favorite CBV fragrances. Smelling like Bella Swan all day sounds fabulous, yes?

Anywho, I have amassed a small collection of her soaps, and I figured I was due for a review of them. Below is a picture of  my latest order:
From top to bottom, left to right: Shamrock Kiss, Love Birds, Cantaloupe, White Nectarine and Pink Coral, Pop Rocks (which was free!), Bottoms Up, and White Ginger.

And here is a picture of her Love Potion No. 9 soap, which is sold on the main Candles by Victoria website in conjunction with the Love Potion No. 9 massage candle:
Lastly, here is what the original Bella Swan soap looked like:
The soap is in the middle with the flower sticker. I received it in my Secret Santa present from the fabulous Summer this past Christmas.

Before I get started, I want to be up front and honest--I have only used a couple of these a few times. Why, you ask? Well, I worked at Bath and Body Works for almost four years, and during that time I created my own mini Bath and Body Works in my bathroom, complete with about 20 shower gels. Ever since I left that company, I have worked on using up all of those products before switching to different soaps. However, I could not resist ordering from Melissa because her soaps are adorable, and I really want to support her. I think the world of her and her family, so buying from her when I had some extra funds was a no brainer. I am almost finished with my Bath and Body Works shower gels, so I have used two of her soaps from time to time: Pop Rocks and her original version of Bella Swan.

So without further ado, here are my thoughts on her soaps:

Before I even use them, I can feel how moisturizing these soaps are. All you have to do is touch one of the soaps to feel how much oil she's packed in each one. I was actually worried they would be too moisturizing and would leave me feeling oily and gross after my shower, but my fears were unfounded. Melissa's soaps were very moisturizing, especially for a bar soap, and they did not irritate my eczema (nasty confession: I have a chronic patch on my left leg that I haven't been able to get rid of for over a year now). My skin still felt a little tight after my shower, but it was much better than the bar soaps I've used in the past. I have incredibly dry skin, so I wasn't necessarily expecting to feel like I'd bathed in lotion. I didn't bother cutting up the soaps like most have done. I just brought the whole thing in the shower with me. I keep them in the cello bags they originally came in so that water doesn't continuously rain down on them in the shower when I'm not using them. They lathered nicely, especially with the use of a loofah sponge, which surprised me because I have really hard water. Because of the hard water, I think I'll always have to use a loofah sponge to get the best lather possible though. The fragrance for me was the best part--the whole bathroom smelled like Pop Rocks. It was awesome! I shower at night right before bed, so I can't testify as to how long the fragrance lasts since I slept it off, but I will say that smelling like Bella Swan or Pop Rocks while I'm all cuddled up in bed and drifting off to sleep was incredibly comforting.

I can't wait to start using more of the soaps I've ordered. All of Melissa's designs are so bright and fun, and her products clearly reflect her creativity and passion for her work. She's always adding new fragrances to her soaps, and she has plans to add more bath and body products to her shop. I see a very bright future for Melissa and this company, and I am so excited to see her business prosper and grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment