My lovely friend Sara graciously sent me a couple of her homemade lip balms, and I received them on Monday after anxiously checking my mailbox every day for two weeks. Patience is not my best virtue. The envelope contained two fragranced-but-not-flavored lip balms in chapstick-esque tubes: one was peach (it had an orange lid and was marked P), and the other was mint (it had a green lid and was marked M). I have been using both throughout the week, and I'm honestly in love with these.
Gross Confession: My lips have a tendency to dry out really easily, and I tend to bite off the dead skin. Super nasty, I know, but it's one of those things I've done my whole life, so whatcanyado? When the weather changes drastically (which is basically any season but summer in Texas), my lips and skin dry out even more than normal, and if I don't continuously lather my lips in lip balm, they crack faster than you can say "Ick!" Lately I've been especially lazy, so I haven't been using my lip balms much. I keep my Fresh Sugar lip treatment by my desk at work, and I have a wide assortment that in my makeup bag that I sometimes use at night, but I haven't been applying them as much as I should.
Cue Sara and her fabulous gift, and now my lips are back to normal after just a week of using these. I have made an effort to apply the balms a few times day, but it's really not necessary. They're incredibly moisturizing without being greasy, and they last a long time. I drink water all day at work, and I only have to re-apply the balms once or twice throughout the day to keep my lips moisturized. They also smell great--the peach has a great creamy candy-like quality to it that is perfect for Spring, and the mint has a tingling feeling and is very crisp and refreshing. The peach is my favorite, but I'm a sucker for anything peach fragranced/flavored.
Furthermore, they've passed the Goober Test. My boyfriend, the goober, is very picky about the balms I use because when he kisses me the balm passes to his lips. He absolutely hates the EOS lip balms because they're so greasy, and he's not a fan of rose salve because it's so goopy. I put on Sara's lip balms, and he said he they were great--not greasy, not goopy, and not colored.
Honestly, I plan to buy more once Sara opens her Etsy shop. Adding flavor would be nice, but I'm incredibly happy with the balms the way they are. I think my only suggestion would be to add SPF because summer is coming up, and the SPF will help keep my lips from burning and thus cracking even more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I adored them as well, and second the SPF suggestion!
ReplyDeleteDon't feel bad.. I share your 'gross confession' and I'm sure a ton more of people out there do as well.
Lauren, your meat grinder description is hilarious because it's so true. :)
ReplyDeleteThank you so much Liz! I'm so happy that you are enjoying them! I'm definitely going to try to seriously work on these to get a shop up when I get back from my trip and I'll most definitely play around with getting an SPF formula. :)
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for the review! :)