Quite a bit has happened since I last updated this blog. A lot of "life-changing milestones" of sorts. I graduated from graduate school, found a job, and moved into my own apartment (sans roommate for the first time!). I spent six month panicking about graduating, being unemployed, and having no money, and in the span of two days in December everything fell into place. Funny how life works, eh?
January has been spent trying to find a routine. A daily routine, an eating routine, an exercise routine (which is still non-existent as of now), a spending routine, etc. I've come up with a budget, learned that my loans will cost me a pretty penny each month starting in May-ish, and I've figured out that I'm incredibly lucky to have a boyfriend who will help pay for things like groceries, movies, and other social outings. It's not that I'm dirt poor... it's moreso that I'm starting to panic about having to live paycheck to paycheck. Of course, because I'm a woman I like to worry about things nonstop and exaggerate circumstances--Dalton and I figured out my budget in December, and I have money leftover each month to spend however I want. But for now, I've convinced myself I can't afford ANYTHING and must pay off credit card bills and save for my loans instead. I suppose this is actually for the best.
Speaking of my Daltito, it's a little hard to believe that our anniversary is next month. As he likes to say, "One year down, 49 more to go!"
I've also started to kick my addiction to Dr. Pepper. I've replaced my daily DPs with Arnold Palmer Iced Tea Lemonade, which is DERICIOUS! I won't drink anything caffeinated after work so that I can go to bed at a reasonable hour each night, so basically I can only have DP on the weekends. Now I just have to kick my sugar and carb addictions...heh. I will probably be a very grumpy Liz when that time comes...
For the TL;DR crowd: In the past month, I've become a boring adult.
Oh, and I'm still reading the George R.R. Martin books. Going on 5 months now, and I'm on book 3. I suppose the finishing grad school, moving, and starting a new job are to blame for my slow pace. At least, I hope they are.
Monday, January 30, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment